- 1.1. Which website is our official website?
- 1.2. Are AOP congresses physical or virtual?
- 1.3. Who can register to the conference and what is the admission policy?
- 1.4. What is the official language of the congress?
- 1.5. Can I bring my personal translator with me for free?
- 1.6. What if I am not granted a visa to come to the congress?
- 1.7. Do we process visas for congress participants?
- 1.8. Where can I leave my personal belongings during the congress? Is there a cloakroom?
- 1.9. I had an accident/loss or theft during the conference, what can I do?
- 1.10. What about photos, videos and audio recording?
- 1.11. What are the health & sanitary measures we employ during physical events?
- 2.1. Order confirmation
- 2.2. Cancellation policy
- 2.3. Program modification
- 2.4. Limitation of liability
- 3.1. How do I create and activate my account?
- 3.2. What are the benefits of having a member account ?
- 3.3. I forgot my login details. How can I retrieve my account?
- 3.4. How can I change my username / email / password / address?
- 4.1. What are the registration modalities?
- 4.2. How can I register to the congress?
- 4.3. How can I collect the badges?
- 4.4. I don't have the confirmation letter. When will I receive my confirmation letter?
- 4.5. Is there an exhibition-only pass or one-day pass?
- 4.6. Why are there different accesses for the congress badges?
- 4.7. What about my personal data provided during the registration process?
- 4.8. Physical badge versus virtual badge?
- 4.9. Do you have any discount for students?
- 4.10. Can I add option(s) to my existing registration?
- 4.11. How can I register a group of participants to the conference?
- 4.12. I want to attend the congress, can I get a 'training convention'?
- 4.13. I want to attend the congress, can I get a special price?
- 4.14. Is there a specific badge for representatives from the Press?
- 5.1. I haven’t received my invoice / where can I find my invoice?
- 5.2. Can my invoice be modified/rectified?
- 5.3. Why doesn't the amount paid online correspond to the amount taken from my bank account?
- 5.4. Why am I paying French taxes (TVA) ?
- 5.5. Why is "AOP" not appearing in my bank statement?
- 6.1. Who can obtain a certificate of attendance and how can I get it?
- 6.2. Is the congress CME accredited?
- 6.3. What about conflict of interest (COI)?
- 7.1. Got any question regarding the Academy platform?
1. General Conference Inquiries
2. Terms and Conditions of Sale
4. Registrations / Badges
7. AOP Academy
1. General Conference Inquiries
1.1. Which website is our official website?
Our unique and only official website is www.aopcongress.com . We will never ask you to communicate all or part of your banking or confidential data* for any reason whatsoever. If you are contacted by a travel agent or any housing group by post mail, by e-mail or by phone (call or SMS), please note that they are not endorsed by us and you could be a victim of an attempted fraud. Do not click on any link, do not respond to the fraudster, and delete the received message.
Never communicate any personal or confidential data* as this might be a scam or fraudulent activity.
* Bank or personal data: your bank details or credit card number, its expiry date, the associated secret code, the cryptogram or your Remote Banking ID and the associated code.
1.2. Are AOP congresses physical or virtual?
Since 1999, AOP has been organizing physical congresses around the world delivering the most profound and complete educational experience as well as irreplaceable exchange and networking opportunities for participants. Within our new world where virtuality now becomes an obvious option, some of the congresses may also present:
• either an alternative virtual option for those who can't travel, making them 'hybrid' congresses
• or a completely virtual format
1.3. Who can register to the conference and what is the admission policy?
Admission policy (physical or virtual): as a medical conference, registration is reserved to professionals only (doctors, nurses, corporate professional, etc.). To enter any of the congresses onsite or online, you will be required to register and obtain a badge. A precise badge policy has been implemented specifying the rules of admittance to the different rooms and activities of the congress, complying with the criteria required by the CME accreditation organizations (full or partial access).
NOTA: Proof of your status will be required to validate your registration. No one under the age of 18 years of age will be admitted within the conference space nor the online sessions (exhibition space, conference rooms, etc).
For information on how to register please refer to faq 4.2 and for badge accesses refer to faq 4.6 .
1.4. What is the official language of the congress?
The official languages of AOP conferences are French and English. Depending on the congress, we may offer additional simultaneous translations of various languages.
Please refer to the 'program page' of each congress to learn more about the session language(s).
1.5. Can I bring my personal translator with me for free?
Your personal translator will have to buy a badge. Please refer to the corresponding badge type in the "Register" tab.
1.6. What if I am not granted a visa to come to the congress?
Kindly note that for a reimbursement, you must send us the formal written answer from the Embassy or Consulate by email. Once we have received the document, we will refund you the total amount paid, minus a 30 Euro administrative fee that will be applied.
1.7. Do we process visas for congress participants?
We do not process visas for our participants. However, to help with this process, we can send you an Invitation Letter that will bear the stamp of our Head Office which you can use to obtain your visa. Information on the visa process can be found on our congress website, on the ‘Plan Your Trip’ page of each congress.
What is the procedure?
• Register for the congress at least six weeks in advance (the delay for obtaining a visa varies according to the country).
• Once your registration has been paid your invoice will be automatically sent to your email (take note of its number).
• Fill in the request form on the ‘Plan Your Trip’ page, and don't forget to include your invoice number in the appropriate field (to complete the request you will need a copy of your passport).
• Your Invitation Letter will be email to you within three working days.
NOTA: we remind you that setting up false evidence of any official documents is considered fraud.
1.8. Where can I leave my personal belongings during the congress? Is there a cloakroom?
We want our participants to be the most comfortable during the congress, which is why we put in place a cloakroom for you to leave your personal belongings.
Please note that this room has limited capacity and we cannot control how many belongings each participant brings. We recommend to arrive early to the congress to ensure your space.
1.9. I had an accident/loss or theft during the conference, what can I do?
First of all, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience you could have encountered during our conference. At our conference, we always think first on taking all necessary measurements for the participants' comfort and overall safety. Sometimes, situations arise that are beyond control of our organization and planning.
- Please notice that the organiser nor the venue where our congress is taking place accepts liability for damages and/or losses of any kind that may be incurred by the congress participants or by any accompanying person during both the official conference and related social programs. You are responsible for your own property.
- Please do not leave any property unattended in the venue. Attendees participate in all events at their own risk.
- You are advised to have insurance against loss, accidents or damages that could take place during the congress. Verbal agreements will not be binding unless confirmed in writing.
1.10. What about photos, videos and audio recording?
As a medical conference, we only allow concerned professionals to enter the congress (doctors, corporate professionals, etc.), among them press representatives.
Three categories of press representatives are authorized to attend, given a strict control of their credentials:
1. "MEDICAL" press badge (physician), full access (A):
• Exhibition hall
• All scientific sessions (excluding optional courses)
2. "MASS AUDIENCE" press badge, partial access (B):
• Exhibition hall
• "Professional business" -themes sessions
3. "AUDIO/VIDEO" press badge, partial access (C):
• Exhibition hall
Registered press are allowed to:
• Conduct videotaped interviews only in the accompaniment of a member of AOP Staff under special circumstances.
• Audio record interviews only with the consent of the interviewee for gathering information for accuracy and not for rebroadcast or reproduction.
Registered press are prohibited from:
• Photographing and videotaping in any scientific session, or the e-poster exhibition area.
• Photographing scientific material, including the use of digital cameras and camera phones, in the exhibition hall, the e-poster exhibition hall, and the scientific sessions.
In that context, you might be photographed and/or filmed. Although the purpose of these pictures or videos is supposed to stay in line with our professional environment, we encourage you to remain vigilant and express your opinion, should you not wish to get involved.
NOTA: Any pictures, audio or video recordings taken during the congress must be approved by AOP before pubilcation in any form.
1.11. What are the health & sanitary measures we employ during physical events?
Discover how AOP fights against COVID-19 HERE.
Covid-19 update - as of November 29.
Measures are constantly updated to adapt accordingly to the evolving pandemic situation and the safety regulations recommended by the international health authorities.
ENTERING INTO FRANCE
Please browse this link to get the latest information about entering into France. You can get your vaccination record converted to an official European Covid one here.
GENERAL SAFETY MEASURES
• Masks mandatory at all times
• Increase in staff count ensure all safety measures are respected
• Hydroalcoholic gel dispensers available at the entrance of each room and throughout the exhibition area
• Food and beverages prepared and served in compliance with French public health laws
WHEN ENTERING THE CONGRESS
All AOP attendees, to retrieve their badge, must show upon arrival the following:
• Government ID
• Confirmation letter
• Health passport or equivalent*, proof of either:
• Fully vaccinated status
• Recent recovery from Covid
• Negative PCR or antigen Covid test taken within the past 24 hours
*The health pass or any of the proof listed above can be in the form of a QR code. You may be asked to show it again for any new entry to the congress.
WHEN IN THE CONFERENCE ROOMS
• Mask is mandatory at all times: (except when speaking on stage)
• Microphone cleaning will be done between each session.
WHEN IN THE EXHIBITION HALL
• Mask is mandatory at all times: (except when speaking on stage)
• Catering: As of today, the venue has not imposed any constraints on catering inside the venue and during congress hours.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION
EU Health Passport & QR Code: As of October 31, the French government has changed the method in which U.S. citizens and other people vaccinated outside the European Union may obtain a French Health Pass. Convert your vaccination record to an official European Covid one here. This may be very useful to go to restaurants, shopping malls, theaters during your visit in Paris. We suggest you to send this information prior to your entry in France.
1. A QR code is available listing all the places, pharmacy and laboratories where you can get PCR or Antigen tested within walking distance from the congress
2. Feel free to use the Doctolib website allowing you to prebook a PCR or Antigen test
Gala Dinner will welcome guests for the dinner and after party. However, we have limited the number of seats and there will not be the "After-Party Only" tickets. This year exceptionally, only "Gala Dinner Tickets including After Party" will be available for booking.
2. Terms and Conditions of Sale
2.1. Order confirmation
When passing an Order though our online portal, the buyer formally makes a legally binding offer to AOP. The order is immediately confirmed when paying by credit card or alipay.
When paying by bank transfer, at the end of the registration process an official document called "PRO FORMA document" will be emailed to you with the amount to be transferred and our bank data so please proceed to the END of the online process. The corresponding final invoice will be emailed back to you once payment has been done and our bank account credited.
*Please note that bank transfer payments will include an additional 20 EUR processing fee in the total invoiced. Within the following 72 hours after its receipt, the asked deposit should be paid.
2.2. Cancellation policy
Once a badge is purchased under your name this badge is entitled to a unique individual and cannot be transferable to another person nor cancelled if criteria is not contemplated within our cancellation policy below:
• Cancellation requests received 2 months before the congress: 70% of the registration fees will be refunded.
• Cancellation requests received less than 2 months before the congress: there will be no refund.
Cancellation must be made in writing and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
2.3. Program modification
Please note that while speakers, exhibitions and sessions were confirmed at the time of publishing, circumstances beyond the control of the organizers may necessitate substitutions, alterations or cancellations.
As such, AOP reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers, exhibitions and sessions if necessary, without liability. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on our portal as soon as possible.
2.4. Limitation of liability
AOP shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event the congress is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed OR changed into another format as a result of a "Force Majeure" event beyond its reasonable control. For the purposes of this clause, Force Majeure events shall include, but not limited to general and labor strikes, invasions, hostilities, war, rioting or similar situations, health emergencies, acts of government or state* such as lockdown and quarantine measures, immigration and transport or on site restrictions, and acts of nature such as fires, floods, extreme weather or other emergency.
A - If AOP determines that the congress needs to be cancelled as a result of a Force Majeure event, AOP shall refund 100% of the congress registration fees to the participant.
B - If AOP determines that the congress needs to be rescheduled or postponed as a result of a Force Majeure event, registration remains binding and participant will be entitled to participate to the rescheduled congress without any further refund right.
AOP shall assume no further obligation to refund any travel or accommodation expenses incurred by the participant in case the event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed as a result of a Force Majeure event.
If the participant is not able to assist to the congress as a result of a Force Majeure event, general cancellation policies rules as set above will apply.
C - In case the conference format switches from hybrid (onsite & online) to virtual (online only), the badge will be automatically switched from physical to virtual.
GOVERNING LAW: the construction, validity and performance of the present terms are exclusively governed by the laws of France without reference or regard to principles of conflicts in law. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of France, located in Paris.
*government or state means both "France and the country where the concerned conference is held"
3.1. How do I create and activate my account?
Create and activate your account in 3 steps!
- Click on login and enter your credentials. Your credentials are usually your name and a numeric code.
If you do not have them, please contact us to retrieve your credentials.
- Complete the account activation by entering your email address and your own secured password.
- Once you click the activation link, your new username and password will be the email address and password you entered in Step 2.
NOTA: A link will be sent to your email to finalize the activation – we kindly remind you to check your junk mail inbox if you do not receive it immediately.
3.2. What are the benefits of having a member account ?
With a member account:
- You are able to verify your future, current and past participation status.
- Your registration process will be facilitated (online and onsite) with all your information collected in advance.
- You will receive all latest news and offers from us.
If you have participated in one of our conferences before, you already have an existing member account.
Please contact us to retrieve your member account information.
3.3. I forgot my login details. How can I retrieve my account?
If you have ever attended one of our events, you already have an account with us.
- For your first login, please contact us.
- If you have already logged into your account with your username, to reset your password you can simply do so by clicking here.
3.4. How can I change my username / email / password / address?
Should you wish to change or modify your personal information, email and postal address, you may do so on your account dashboard. To access your dashboard, login to your account and simply direct yourself to the top right icon for 'My Account'. To modify your password or account language please refer to your account 'Settings'.
For all other modifications, please contact us.
4. Registrations / Badges
4.1. What are the registration modalities?
Depending on the conference format, two types of badges are made available. Here is the difference:
• Physical badge – attend the conferences live and meet the worldwide speakers face-to-face, visit the booths & exhibition, exchange and fraternize with colleagues, speakers and industry, travel the world and visit beautiful cities, take the conference bag with you and much more. If you register physically and can’t attend, your registration will be automatically switched to virtual attendance, in case the congress is hybrid.
• Virtual badge – access from your home to all sessions live streamed, virtual exhibition hall and booths, interactive live chats & meeting opportunities, access to AOP Academy, virtual congress bag and more. Discover our innovative Virtual Platform app by downloading it on the app stores.
Congresses taking place in 2023 are organized through a physical format only.
4.2. How can I register to the congress?
• Registration online (physical or virtual): register to each congress through the dedicated online ‘Registration’ page by following the easy registration process. Fill in the required information to complete the registration and proceed to payment (credit card, bank transfer* or Alipay).
• Registration onsite: in the case you cannot process your payment online, you can also register onsite by paying during conference days (credit card, euros or dollars).
Exhibitors can register for the conference through the company's AOP exhibitor account. Please contact the Sales Department for any further information concerning exhibition: email@example.com
NOTA: should you wish to pay by bank transfer, at the end of the registration process an official document called "PRO FORMA document" will be emailed to you with the amount to be transferred and our bank data so please proceed to the END of the online process. The corresponding final invoice will be emailed back to you once payment has been done and our bank account credited.
*Please note that bank transfer payments will include an additional 20 EUR processing fee in the total invoiced.
4.3. How can I collect the badges?
Each badge is nominative, which is why each attendee should retrieve his/her badge him/herself at the dedicated welcome desk onsite:
- Speakers and Patients: Speakers desk
- Delegates and Exhibitors: E-badge desk
by presenting the following:
- Your confirmation letter (it is available at all times for download through your account)
- Identity proof (e.g. ID card, passport, driving license etc.)
- Business card (if applicable)
Refer to the chapter "Key moments" under "Plan your trip" tab on our website to learn more about Registration Desk opening hours.
4.4. I don't have the confirmation letter. When will I receive my confirmation letter?
Confirmation letters are available at all times for download on your account here.
The confirmation letter will also be sent out to each participant directly to their email within the week prior to the congress. It is crucial that you provide us the correct contact information when you register on the registration platform during sign up for this purpose.
4.5. Is there an exhibition-only pass or one-day pass?
As a medical conference dedicated to professional education, we do not offer any exhibition-only passes or one-day passes and apply strict regulation of access to the congress. Unless noted otherwise, all badges give access to the academic content* and to the exhibition area.
*badge accesses are linked to each participant's specialty category.
4.6. Why are there different accesses for the congress badges?
Access to the congress and sessions is subject to a number of regulations that aims to guarantee the scientific independence of the congresses, and to preserve it from any commercial interest or influence.
A precise badge policy has been implemented specifying the rules of admittance to the different areas of the congress, complying with the criteria required by the CME accreditation organizations. According to each badge type a full or partial access is issued.
A distinction is made between "Physician" and "Non-physician". For the latter, the level of medical study determines whether concerned attendees are entitled to a full or partial access.
Upon registration, all necessary proofs of practice should be uploaded. AOP is authorized to take measures which may lead to the withdrawal of the badge and prohibition of access to the congress area if the badge policy is violated.
• The exhibition area is accessible to all badge types.
• Options are to be purchased separately (such as AOP Labs, AOP Academy, simultaneous translation)
• Coffee breaks are included. Lunches are to be purchased separately.
4.7. What about my personal data provided during the registration process?
During the registration process, each participant must provide their explicit consent to transferring their data to AOP partners. Regardless, by accepting to have their badge scanned with a company's badge scanner at their booth/sponsored activity, the participant authorizes the organizer to share his/her data to the third party partner (exhibitor).
4.8. Physical badge versus virtual badge?
Virtual badges include:
4.9. Do you have any discount for students?
All medical students and residents are eligible to obtain a preferred rate on their congress badge.
In order to benefit from this, during your registration please select the relevant badge. You will need to submit supporting documents such as a student card or written certificate from the Chief of Service of your university department, stating your medical specialization as well your ID / passport showing your year of birth.
Nota: This preferential rate has been specially designed to encourage students and residents from around the world to participate and learn at our congresses.
4.10. Can I add option(s) to my existing registration?
You can of course add option(s) to your existing registration. To proceed, simply login in to your personal account and add the desired options through your dashboard by clicking on 'Check and upgrade your badge'.
4.11. How can I register a group of participants to the conference?
For group registrations please contact our dedicated team at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access to the dedicated platform.
Keep in mind that the more badges you register, the more benefits you will get!
4.12. I want to attend the congress, can I get a 'training convention'?
To get a 'training convention', you need to first register online for the conference. Upon reception of your invoice, please send us an email with it attached along with all details which must appear on your document. You will receive the corresponding document within three working days.
4.13. I want to attend the congress, can I get a special price?
You are very welcome to join one of our conferences, however kindly note that to respect our participants and consequently stay consistent in our pricing policy we keep the registration fees as they are.
Note that we provide preferred rates displayed on our website for early bird registrations.
4.14. Is there a specific badge for representatives from the Press?
To register for a Press badge, please see the dedicated 'Press' section of our website and carefully read the guidelines before applying. Once you have registered, on site at the Conference you will have to present yourself at the PRESS Welcome desk along with a valid ID card (passport or official identification document) and your press card (obligatory requirement).
5.1. I haven’t received my invoice / where can I find my invoice?
Upon payment reception, the invoice will be automatically generated and sent to the email you provided online when registering. Please verify your spam/junk inbox before contacting us. Your invoices will also be available in your account in the section 'Participations'.
5.2. Can my invoice be modified/rectified?
Invoices are automatically issued upon payment reception with the information you have provided online.
Please pay attention and fill in the correct data; this data will be used for the invoice and cannot be amended afterwards.
5.3. Why doesn't the amount paid online correspond to the amount taken from my bank account?
Our bank account accepts EUROS and USD.
Should you have selected US Dollars on the website, the amount will subsequently be translated into EUROS at the prevailing exchange rate, which is why you may find a difference between the price shown on the invoice / your bank account and the actual amount deducted as payment.
Additional bank fees may apply for this conversion so we advise you to check with your bank first.
5.4. Why am I paying French taxes (TVA) ?
For AOP conferences happening in France, services to consumers (business to consumer or B to C) remain subject to taxation in the State in which the provider is established i.e. France. You may refer to the: French tax official website
Of course, should you be eligible for tax exemption, and with our invoice in hands, you can still acclaim for the tax amount reimbursement directly within your country through your local tax authorities.
5.5. Why is "AOP" not appearing in my bank statement?
"AOP" is a registered brand belonging to the following legal entity: "COMEXPOSIUM HEALTHCARE " The legal entity name, "COMEXPOSIUM HEALTHCARE", might appear on your bank statement instead of "AOP".
6.1. Who can obtain a certificate of attendance and how can I get it?
Certificate of attendance is available to all of those with a badge type that allows access to scientific sessions and scientific program.
To claim your certificate of attendance, it is necessary to:
• Login to your account and submit the online evaluation form within 30 days after the congress ends.
• Once completed, you will receive an email with a link to your Certificate of Attendance and your certificate will also be available at all times on the 'Participations' section in your account.
• If CME credits are offered for the congress, the procedure to obtain CME credits will be sent along with your certificate of attendance
• Due to CME regulations please note that we are not permitted to transfer the certificate to an individual other than the badge holder. If you are not the original badge holder, we cannot expedite a certificate of attendance under another name.
• Therefore, if you register to the conference as exhibitor, should you require a proof of your participation to the conference we will be glad to make a legal statement. Contact us with your participation details after the conference.
6.2. Is the congress CME accredited?
The congress is commonly accredited at several levels according to the conference location. The number of CME credits that we offer our participants is determined by the duration of the congress and the accrediting organism, given that the evaluation differs from one country to another.
To obtain these accreditations, AOP complies with extremely strict criteria in terms of:
• Sponsorships clear identification & transparency
• Quality of the scientific content
• Logistic and administrative organization
You can learn more regarding accreditation by going to the "Accreditation" tab found in the congress page.
6.3. What about conflict of interest (COI)?
AOP insists on transparency in all
of the scientific content, making sure each speaker fully discloses whether or not their
presentations may contain any commercial bias or
financial support received.
This transparency policy applies to anyone who is a speaker during the congress or contributes to the development of the scientific program; this includes all members of the Scientific Board and all faculty members.
This COI is made public online before the conference as well as during the conference by a disclosure slide in each speaker presentation. You can head to the corresponding program online and next to each presentation you will find a 'View' button to access a full COI statement from the speaker.
7. AOP Academy
7.1. Got any question regarding the Academy platform?
Click here to access the dedicated FAQ section.