Effective as from 14 January 2021
Any personal information provided to or gathered by aopcongress.com is controlled by COMEXPOSIUM HEALTHCARE (former CHECK-UP SANTE S.A.S), 7 rue de la Manutention, 75116 PARIS - France.
AOP is committed to accompany and guarantee the security and confidentiality of your personal data.
For any information or to exercise your rights on the processing of personal data managed by AOP, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at any time: email@example.com
INFORMATION WE COLLECT(WHY, WHAT & HOW)
- Why do we collect information: in order to personalize and to continually enhance
your experience, on aopcongress.com we gather information from users that visit this website.
We use the information to deliver educational services, process payments, correspond
with you about orders, provide other services and offers, update our records, maintain
your accounts with us, display content such as feedback and other services that might be
of interest to you. This information allows us to provide the services you have asked
for or might need, as well as enables us to improve those services by understanding your
interests and preferences.
- What information we collect: we receive, store and treat information that you
enter on our website or give us by any other means. You can choose not to provide
certain information but then you may not be able to take advantage of a number of our
features. We only retrieve data related to the core of our activity, i.e. Organization
of medical congresses and medical education. Find examples of the information you give
- Personal information: contact details such as your name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number. We collect this data to inform and direct to you of our latest services and promotions. Example of data you may receive: AOP congress programs, medical aesthetics market news.
- Payment and billing information: we may also receive and process
information about you when you subscribe to our services.
- How we collect information
- Indirect collection: whenever you anonymously interact with us, we receive and store certain types of information. For example, like a lot of websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses aopcongress.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of aopcongress.com on other websites.
- Direct collection: when you participate to one of our events, sign up to
a mailing list,
fill in forms on the website, purchase services, make payments and billing
transactions with us,
contact us by telephone, email or otherwise, give us feedback or enter a poll.
Our websites are not directed to individuals under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly
obtain Personal Data from such individuals.
You can find an overview of how and why we process information by clicking here.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION (purposes and needs for processing)
We process your Personal Data to the necessary extent to perform our contract with you or to take the necessary steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. The Personal Data collected as part of the services offered on aopcongress.com are processed according to security protocols that allow us to accurately and safely manage the information received. We ensure, before and throughout the processing, compliance with the obligations set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Purposes to use Personal Data:
- Administrative and legal means: to keep internal records of our operations and carry out our obligations arising from any contract settled.
- Marketing purposes: we may use your Personal Data to provide you with marketing information, special offers, and promotions via various means including e-mail and postal mailings, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
- Personalize our service: to improve our offering - monitoring and analyzing the information we hold about our customers in order to make informed decisions about our content, products, services, websites and advertising.
- Notify: notify you about changes or updates to our services or in your account.
- Business development: to determine our client’s needs and objectives and improve/renovate our service options.
We may use information to communicate with you regarding any inquiry you initiate or request; your participation status to one of our events, or changes to the terms or features of any of our membership programs to which you belong.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we may, with your permission, for marketing and or contractual purposes, transmit your information to third party partners.
- Your information may be transferred outside your country or region of residence to other countries for processing and storage in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Your information may be transferred outside your country or region of residence to provide the requested services only.
COOKIES & INTERNET ADVERTISING POLICY
- Promotional offers made by partners: we may occasionally send you promotional offers on behalf of our partners. If you do not want to receive these offers, please adjust your preferences in your account.
- Cookies: by using cookies our systems are able to recognize your device and to provide features to you. For more information about cookies and how we use them, please read our Cookies & Internet Advertising Policy.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We maintain at all times the appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that
guarantee the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable user
What are our measures?
- Database storage: your information is stored in a dedicated professional and encrypted server. Access to the server is permitted only with private log in details.
- Security procedures: we will request a proof of identity before we disclose any personal information to you.
- Access to private password and to your computer is your responsibility, make sure to sign out when you finish using a shared computer and to report any unauthorized activity you detect back to us.
- Physical security measures: we restrict the access to personal information only to AOP employees. This prevents unauthorized access or misuse of this information, close tracking and a secured access is put in place. Anyone with this access is subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
DATA RETENTION & LEGAL BASIS
We retain data for one of the following purposes:
- Consented use
- To fulfil a contract or service
- Achieving legitimate educational objectives
- Compliance of legal obligations
- Public interest
We will retain your information for as long as necessary for the uses set out in this Policy. The period of time is stablished by several applicable laws including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for EU members, and will be kept for legitimate business or legal purposes, or when there is a public interest. If you ask us to delete your information before this time frame, we will be required to keep the necessary data for technical, legal, regulatory or contractual constraints.
ACCESS, CORRECTION & CHOICE
You can access a range of information about your account and your interactions with aopcongress.com for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating this information on your account and/or withdraw your information.
- Access: some examples of information that you can access via your account on aopcongress.com include: personal information (including name, e-mail, password, postal address and communications); professional data (specialty and biostatement); photo; preferences (favorite themes); congress participation history.
- Correction: you can add or update certain information on some pages. When you update information, we may save a copy of the previous version for our records.
- Choice: as mentioned above, you can choose to not provide any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of some aopcongress.com features. You can change your mind about receiving direct marketing from us at any time. To do this simply change your preferences by logging into your account, if you have one, opting-out in any marketing or product communication you have received from us or by getting in touch with us using the contact details above.
- Other rights: you may have the right to object, erase, or restrict our processing of your information. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data to Us this may result in disadvantages to you, e.g. we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
*Examples of information collected
You provide information when you create an account, register for a congress, submit an abstract, submit a visa request, reserve a hotel or contact any of our departments. For example, you provide information when you: register for a congress; provide information in your account; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or post mail; use our services; and participate in community features. As a result of these actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; content of e-mails to us; personal description and photograph; and financial information.
Some examples of information that we receive from other sources include: learned society membership; professional data; updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver our next communication more easily; account information, purchase, payment or redemption information and page-view information.
Some examples of information that you can access via your account on aopcongress.com include: personal information (including name, e-mail, password, postal address and communications); professional data (specialty and biostatement); photo; preferences (favorite themes); congress participation history.
Based on version: v6_privacy_policy