Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided to or gathered by aopcongress.com is controlled by COMEXPOSIUM HEALTHCARE (former CHECK-UP SANTE S.A.S), 7 rue de la Manutention, 75116 PARIS - France.
For any information or exercise of your rights on the processing of personal data managed by AOP, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) at any time: firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal information about users does aopcongress.com gather?
In order to personalise and to continually enhance your experience on aopcongress.com we gather information from users. We use the information to deliver services, process payments, correspond with you about orders, services and offers, update our records and maintain your accounts with us, display content such as feedback and other services that might be of interest to you. This information is also used to enhance our services and platform, to allow third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf and to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website.
- Information You Give Us: we receive and store information that you enter on our website or give us by any other means. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you may not be able to take advantage of a number of our features. We use the information that you provide to, for example, respond to your requests, communicate with you and improve our services. We only retrieve data related to the core of our activity, i.e. Organization of medical congresses and medical education. Click here to see examples of the information you give us.
- Automatic Information: Whenever you interact with us, we receive and store certain types of information. For example, like a lot of websites, we use "cookies" and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses aopcongress.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of aopcongress.com on other websites. Click here to see examples of automatic information collected.
- E-mail and Postal Communications: we collect this data to inform you of our latest services and promotions. We only send you information related to the core of our activity, i.e. Organization of medical congresses and medical education (example of data you may receive: AOP congress programs, ophthalmology market news). If you prefer not to receive this information from us by email or by post mail, you can contact us at any time by email, post mail or telephone.
- Information From Other Sources: we may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our database. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
Does aopcongress.com share the information it receives?
- Promotional Offers made by Partners: We may occasionally send you promotional offers on behalf of our partners. When we do this, we do not give the partner any of your personal information. If you do not want to receive these offers, please adjust your preferences in your account.
Is my information protected?
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable user information. Our database is stored in a dedicated professional and secure server. Access to the server is permitted only with private log in details. Our security procedures mean that we may on occasion request a proof of identity before we disclose any personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Make sure to sign out when you finish using a shared computer.
What information can I access?
You can access a range of information about your account and your interactions with aopcongress.com for the purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating this information on your account. Click here to see examples of the information you can access.
What choices do I have?
- As mentioned above, you can choose not to provide information, although it may be needed to take advantage of some aopcongress.com features.
- You can add or update certain information on some pages. When you update information, we may save a copy of the previous version for our records.
Who is allowed to use aopcongress.com?
aopcongress.com is a website that concerns only professionals working in the ophthalmology domain. Children and non-professionals are not permitted to use any of the services provided on aopcongress.com
Notices and revisions
Examples of information collected information
You provide information when you create an account, register for a congress, submit an abstract, submit a visa request, reserve a hotel or contact any of our departments. For example, you provide information when you: register for a congress; provide information in your account; communicate with us by phone, e-mail or post mail; use our services; and participate in community features. As a result of these actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; content of e-mails to us; personal description and photograph; and financial information.
Some examples of information that we receive from other sources include: learned society membership; professional data; updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver our next communication more easily; account information, purchase, payment or redemption information and page-view information.
Some examples of information that you can access via your account on aopcongress.com include: personal information (including name, e-mail, password, postal address and communications); professional data (specialty and biostatement); photo; preferences (favorite themes); congress participation history.